Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blue Wave Bungalow

I have always dreamt of designing my very own beach house. On my annual Cape Cod vacations, it's tradition to visit the Christmas Tree Shop with Mama Dee and pass aisles of thrifty (sometimes tacky) nautical decorations. From navy striped seat cushions to anchor wall hangings, all that's left is an ocean view and we're ready to move in! The best part of a beach home is the opportunity to be creative.
Don't get me wrong, I love seersucker as much as the next New Englander, but a little sparkle and shine can multiply that sun in your Nantucket abode.
That's why I have fallen in love with Elena Colombo's beach town home. This New York sculptor designed an eclectic mix of blues and reds to rev up her sweet bungalow.
Of course, we mustn't limit our wardrobes to Vineyard Vines and Lily Pulitzer, so I've collaborated some apparel that will make statements on the boardwalk.

Thomas Paul Scrimshaw nautical plates. See by Chloe embroidered dress. Toms gold-glitter shoes. Anthropologie stowaway necklace. Elizabeth & James crystal mini.


See more of this Long Island beach cottage here.

2 comments:

  1. love the TOMs shoes you added....one of my friends volunteers for them and i helped her out a few weekends ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! I was in a beach house just like this last summer and I wish I had taken pictures!

    xx
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete