Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wild, Wild Weather Days

The Sartorialist {leopard pumps}
The bitter cold of Fall has set in and more layers have appeared on my back, but it's that time of year when I notice everyone is having just a little more fun with their outfits. We think, "I need to stay warm." So we start with the classic cardi tied up in that scarf on top of the tweed skirt and of course you need those patterned tights all finished off with the ever-dependable boots. It's like survival of the most styled.
Rosie Huntington Whiteley {leopard jacket}
But come November, what's more fun than tweed and thigh-highs? Yes, a little animal print to throw your conservative closet a pre-holiday curve ball.  And as promised here, it's 'bout time for some leopard. The faux kind, I like my leopards live and growling in the jungle...far away from me. 
Keira Knightley {leopard scarf}
The girls around London seem to do the faux fur best. Note Rosie, Keira, and Alexa. My college roomie snagged the very best jacket at London's Portobello Road Market and I'm forever envious for not picking one up myself. If you happen to be strolling through and spot a Merlot colored cropped bomber, just send me the bill! Markets and vintage shops are a great place to find leopard print pieces since it was so big in the 80s and now making a comeback in such a fun way. 
After many hours snug in my new bed doing some online browsing, I've come across some amazing leopard pieces that I had to share with you. I think it will be refreshing to set aside my black pashmina  for awhile and trade it in for something jazzier during these wild weather days.
Wild, Wild Weather Days  
4. Animal Pumps- $90 

1 comment:

  1. Every once in a while I look at my leopard print pumps and feel like I want to throw them on with whatever I'm wearing, no matter how casual!

    ReplyDelete