Sunday, May 16, 2010

Everything our parents said was good is bad: sun, milk, red meat, college!

I have to say, Alvy Singer, that's not completely true. College wasn't terrible, it was rather bearable and sometimes quite hysterical. I even think I learned a thing or two.
Friday was graduation. So if you were concerned that my disappearance was caused by Beantown's dirty water mishap or maybe a pack of Bostonian hungry wolves, you can put your minds at ease, I was only celebrating my final days as a student. As I walked across that stage and was handed my diploma, not a thing in the world could erase my smile. Maybe because our faces were on massive jumbotrons for a packed Bank of America Pavilion, but also because I finally felt that pride and accomplishment that everyone else kept acknowledging. Sixteen years of school, a couple down in kindergarten, and a small stint in pre-school is a really long time and a whole lot of learning.

Well MO, there is no plan. If there is something that sixteen years of education has taught me, it's that life changes far too quickly and enormously to live according to plans. So for now, dearies, I will continue to search out the most loveliest of lovely on our blogosphere and share it with you. I will discover opportunities like an explorer of a new world and keep on exploring when that land no longer feels like home. And of course, I will love the loves I have loved and forever try to love new loves! 

Congratulations to all those graduating in 2010!

{my roommate, Carley, and I at Simmons College Commencement}

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Molly! Much love and best wishes to you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete