Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love You Madly

It's Valentine's Day and I just saw a Nicholas Sparks novel in theaters with a gigantic white teddy bear as my date. Just kidding, the bear was with the cute couple on the other side. I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day and not because the lack of a valentine, I just don't think Hallmark deserves money for tricking people on the notions of love. But, I can't help but be amused by all the cute-ness surrounding February 14th. Sure, the fluff, the pink, and the guy at Starbucks who asks where your flowers are can get aggravating, but with a little creativity and imagination, we can all find some love today. 
Here's my top 5 alternative Valentine's Day activities:
1. See a movie! Go see Wolfman, not Dear John. No explanation necessary.
2.  Forget diamonds. Visit a bead shop like this and make some new jewelry.
3. Eat Cupcakes. Bake 'em or buy 'em but nothing compares to the smile after a cupcake.
4. Grab lunch with your gal-pal. I mean coffee and conversation is where true love lies after all, and that's unconditional.
5. Craft something cute. There are tons of projects here and you can create something lovely.

Happy Valentine's Day! xxx 

photos by misswallflower and kissez

No comments:

Post a Comment