Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Beantown Weekend

Although last weekend was my birthday, and it was spectacular, these past couple days I have spent taking advantage of my beautiful city and it has been beyond remarkable. On Friday, my brother and I hit one of our favorite spots here, where I tried a salmon burger paired with a Greenflash Imperial IPA. Delicious. Then we headed downtown to enjoy Boston's classy cover bands (haha) and a few more beers at one of the city's most infamous dives, The Bell & Hand.
Saturdays are usually spent in bed watching movies, doing work, or just avoiding Boston's stormy weather. But this weekend, the sun was shining and spirits were high, so the roommate and I ventured down to Newbury Street to find her a Birthday dress. About 18 outfits were tested, 3 were purchased, and 0 decisions have been made. But the day was an incredible success. We ended at Paparazzi for a martini and spaghetti. 
{Carley with her Chai Latte in the Public Gardens}
Today, Carley accompanied me to The Boston Globe Travel Show, an event my internship was putting on at Boston's beautiful Seaport World Trade Center. The exhibit was huge and packed with information. I am officially dedicating myself to taking an adventure somewhere after graduation and before "real life" begins. It was all too exciting. I also met Dennis Hopper...
And some penguins...
After the event, we were starving, so we walked over to a restaurant we've been dying to try, The Barking Crab, right next to Boston Harbor. We indulged in some local Harpoon brews, clam chowdah and lobster bisque, followed by a crabcake sandwich and fish tacos. This might be a bold statement for a New Englander, but I think I may have found the best Clam Chowder ever. Ahh-mazing. Boston does fish right. 
{A bustling Sunday lunch at The Barking Crab}
{The Lobster Bisque, filled with fresh lobster!}
{Crabcake Sandwich}
{Fish Tacos}
After a long weekend of great food and beer, we decided walking home wasn't a bad idea. I wish I had a pedometer, but I'm guessing we walked about 4-5 miles home today and it was worth every wind tunnel. The Boston Common was swimming with kids on the Frog Pond, dogs in the park, runners on the path, and people just reading the paper. I realized today, I never take advantage of the simple things Boston has to offer like a bench in the botanical gardens or a street musician in Copley Square. It was a refreshing and rejuvenating weekend; I feel reminded again of all the reasons I came to Boston 3 years ago. 
{Botanical Gardens frozen over}
{Bostonian in the Gardens}
{Washington}
{The Boston Common}
{The Prudential}

No comments:

Post a Comment