Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Sweet and Structured Spring for Stella

I recall standing outside the hardly recognizable Stella McCartney fashion house in Notting Hill, awaiting the design icon to make some kind of appearance to my eager eyes. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes of standing amidst the spitting London rain and only witnessing Portuguese street vendors selling fish and moldy vegetables, I decided to settle into The Fat Badger for a pint while watching fashionable Brits roam the famous Portobello Road. It was not until about three discouraging sips of my London Pride and noticing a massive run in my tights that I realized, "today was not a day to meet Stella." I have obviously rethought this day many times over, and I decided, I will go back to that fashion house one day. Although, I promise that I will not be waiting outside, but rather working attentively inside. And that, my friends, is a young fashionista's dream.

Stella McCartney Spring 2010

Stella McCartney's Spring 2010 Collection is, in a word, divine. It is refreshing, even as snow slowly approaches, to see light fabrics swing on their models like an April breeze. I'm thoroughly excited for the color palette of nudes, pale pinks, beachy sands, and shimmering browns with bright pops of cornflower blue. The structured skirts and ruffled tops are flattering and always appreciated in a ready to wear line. Stella McCartney is graciously feminine yet this collection also exerts a certain presentation of professionalism. A beautiful mixture that makes me eager to bypass the next four months and dive right into the blooming season!

No comments:

Post a Comment