I'm not sure if it's the delicately displayed pumpkins on stoops along Boston's Longwood Ave., the delicious looking caramel apples in the windows of Emack & Bolio's, or just that Fall-ish smell that blows in the breeze and leaves my nose with an icy glow as it rests above my favorite cranberry Pashmina. Despite the reasoning, nostalgia ripples through my veins from September 1st until Celine Dion's Silent Night hits "Star 99.9" right after Thanksgiving.
Halloween is quickly approaching (4 days away!) and my Minnie Mouse costume must move from just an idea to a tangible outfit for the many upcoming costume parties. With that in mind comes the end of my favorite month, so I would like to reflect on a few of my favorite Fall things...
- Anything pumpkin- which includes, but not limited to:
- Pumpkin Spiced Lattes from Starbucks. I'm also a sucker for Chai Lattes with soy milk so one of the genius barristas at this luxury coffee chain suggested I mix my favorite hot beverage with the seasonal specialty and voile! You're sipping a delicious Chumpkin latte :)
- Paula Deen's Pumpkin Cheesecake...uh, I die.
- Martha Stewart's Mini-Chocolate Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Have not tried these yet, but they look divine after I spotted them on Emily's blog!
- Scarves, Scarves and more Scarves!
- Anthropologie has some beautiful floral scarf designs for the Fall. They also have them displayed in various ways to show the diversity in which a scarf can be worn.
- Killer knee-high boots...to stomp those crunchy leaves of course!
- Frye Harness Boot carries a sexy, rustic, cowgirl look.
- Pale Lips- spread on medium coverage foundation or concealer to give your lips a frosty glow in the colder months.
- Practical Magic, starring Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Stockard Channing, and Evan Rachel Wood with Camilla Belle when they were itty bitty! Great flick complete with New England foliage, witches, romance, and a fabu soundtrack (stevie nicks and joni mitchell, need I say more?)
What are some of your Fall favorites?